Xbox One was designed from the ground up to be the centerpiece of every living room with modern hardware, and it features the new Xbox One Wireless Controller, a 500GB hard drive, 3 an eight-core, x86 processor, wireless networking connectivity, HDMI®, three super-speed USB 3.0 ports, and a high-speed Blu-ray™ disc player. Features include the following:
- Xbox One console. Designed with the 21st century living room in mind, the Xbox One console features a premium design with a gloss black finish, horizontal orientation and a slot-loading Blu-ray™ disc player.
- Updated wireless controller. Enhanced with more than 40 technical and design innovations, the new impulse triggers offer precise haptic fingertip feedback and a newly engineered D-pad delivers greater responsiveness and control.*** An infrared LED on the front of the controller allows Kinect to automatically recognize you, making it easier to pick up and play.
- No Kinect. Kinect is not included in the box but can be purchased later if desired
Gaming on Xbox One
Gaming on Xbox One immerses you in bigger, more cinematic worlds that look and feel more lifelike, featuring more believable characters and richer stories. Game worlds come alive through the unlimited processing power of Xbox One and the cloud. Features include the following:
- Smart Match. Estimates wait times for multiplayer gaming and lets you enjoy other Xbox One activities including live TV, Skype or sports experiences while waiting for a new game to begin. On Xbox One, your Xbox Live reputation fundamentally matters and helps you find the best match based on skill, game style and language for a deeper online multiplayer gaming challenge.
- Expanded achievements. Allows for new achievements powered by the cloud and offers more ways to earn, more frequent updates and the ability to share wins with friends. An expanded achievements system captures videos of gameplay and continues to grow achievements over time, and Gamerscores carry over from Xbox 360.
- Living Games.*** Leverages the power of the cloud so games can evolve and learn from actual players, letting you play against your friends’ shadow. Dynamic, living worlds evolve and improve the more you play, and games stay in sync with what’s happening today — real-world events can be instantly added to games, and the latest stats can be automatically added to sports titles.
- Game DVR. Captures and saves in-game highlights and epic moments to the cloud. Use editing and sharing tools to post game footage to your Xbox Live profile and social networks.
- The new generation of Xbox Live is completely redesigned to harness virtually unlimited power to connect, save and store personalized profiles, games and entertainment so they can be accessed anytime and on any Xbox One console. Connecting to Xbox Live makes accessing content effortless by installing games in segments so that playback starts quickly and updates happen in the background. Features include the following:
- Xbox SmartGlass.*** Turn smartphones or tablets into second screens that intelligently interact with Xbox One and serve extended experiences for games, TV shows, movies, music, sports and apps. Navigate with touchscreens, pause or rewind a movie, or swipe, pinch and tap to surf the Web on the TV using more devices than ever before.
- Multiplayer gaming. Enjoy a smart, quick and intuitive gaming experience in which multiplayer gaming has been enhanced to support playing with friends with no waiting in lobbies, and matchmaking features such as Smart Match and reputation let you architect your personal, favorite matches.
- Apps. Discover and download a variety of Xbox One apps using simple voice searches.* Pin favorites to the dashboard and jump in and out of apps instantly, or Snap them side by side to do two things at once.
- Web for the TV. Explore the Web with Internet Explorer for Xbox One. Use Kinect and voice commands to browse your favorite sites with ease.* Use Xbox SmartGlass to control your experiences with a swipe of your finger and send websites from tablets and smartphones to the biggest screen in the house.
- Xbox Live Gold. Existing Xbox Live Gold Membership for Xbox 360 will seamlessly carry over to Xbox One, becoming more valuable than ever.****
** Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.
*** In supported games.
**** Subject to content geographical restrictions.