Nintendo has revealed a Limited Edition Super Smash Bros themed 3DS
As well as featuring a striking red paintjob and a game-themed decal, it also comes with a copy of the game pre-installed.
Say hello to the Nintendo 3DS XL - a new version of the Nintendo 3DS with a screen that is 90 percent larger. Delivering a wealth of games and video content that can be enjoyed on the go, the new system provides an even more immersive entertainment experience for users.
Nintendo 3DS XL features an updated form factor and improved battery life which outperforms that of the original Nintendo 3DS. The handheld Console comes bundled with a 4GB SD card, which can be used to store content such as downloadable games and videos from the Nintendo eShop.
An AC adapter is not included with the Nintendo 3DS, but can be purchased separately.
Super Smash Bros
In Super Smash Bros multiplayer games, characters from all Nintendo universes meet up in Nintendo locales to duke it out. Bring together any combination of characters and revel in the ensuring chaos that we have come to associate with the game.
An action-packed fighting game, Super Smash Bros. 3DS features a ridiculous number of characters that have appeared on Nintendo platforms, from Mario to Link to Pikachu to the Wii Fit Trainer! As they square off in famous locales drawn from the rich history of Nintendo, literally anything can happen in Super Smash Bros. - and usually does. With limitless customising options, items and weapons that boggle the mind and a wealth of modes, Super Smash Bros. has truly infinite replayability.
Players can import Miis and choose from a variety of play styles and special moves. The Brawler class functions similar to Little Mac, using fisticuffs over weapons. As a Swordfighter, Mii Fighter uses a blade, using moves comparable to Link and Marth. Gunners, using similar powers to Mega Man, Samus, and Fox McCloud, are ranged fighters.
Your can choose four special moves for your customizable Mii Fighter from a list of 12. Mii Fighter is the 31st character added to the Smash Bros. roster.
- Smash and crash through “Smash Run” mode, a new mode exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version that gives up to four players five minutes to fight solo through a huge battlefield while taking down recognisable enemies from almost every major Nintendo franchise and multiple third-party partners. Defeated enemies leave behind power-ups to collect. Players who collect more power-ups have an advantage once time runs out and the battle with opponents begins.
- Compete with classic characters from the Super Smash Bros. series like Mario, Link, Samus and Pikachu, along with new challengers like Mega Man, Little Mac and newly announced Palutena, the Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus games. For the first time players can even compete as their own Mii characters.
- Customise different aspects of your character when playing locally or online with friends in a variety of multiplayer modes.
- View most elements of the high-energy action at silky-smooth 60 frames per second and in eye-popping stereoscopic 3D.
- Fight against friends and family locally or online, or battle random challengers all over the world online in “For Fun” or “For Glory” modes.