Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS is a standalone adventure that shares key characters, events and lore of the Sonic Boom universe with exclusive environments and characters.
For the first time ever, gamers will be able to take on the role of Sticks, the newest member of the team who will play an integral role in the story after her best friend Amy gets kidnapped by the ancient villain Lyric.
While the Wii U game is focused on action-adventure and exploration, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal will place a bigger emphasis on platforming and puzzles. Additionally, unique collectibles featured in the Nintendo 3DS version will unlock special content on the Wii U via local communication.
- Enerbeam: Use the Enerbeam to fight enemies, traverse the environment and slingshot between the foreground and background areas.
- Exploration-Based Environments: Levels are packed full of secrets for more exploration and replayability. Upgrade each character’s unique moves to access them.
- Stage Variety: It’s not just a story mode - take on boss battles, rival races, special stages and more!
- Nintendo 3DS Features: Enjoy a StreetPass collectibles mini-game.
- Plus: Playing through the story mode in the Nintendo 3DS version will unlock special upgrades on the Wii U version via local communication.