What is a Surge Protector ?
A surge protector is a device that protects sensitive electronic equipment and devices from harmful voltage spikes and power surges. It absorbs excess energy much like a sponge absorbs water. They are different from power strips which provide power extension and extra outlets, but offer no protection against power spikes or surges.
What is a power surge?
A power surge is a short-term increase in voltage (or voltage spike) due to lightning strikes or unusual line conditions, like when power companies switch power distribution across grids. It's important to periodically replace your surge protector (once every 3-4 years is recommended in most cases) since power surges wear down the protective components inside the surge protector over time.
Why is surge protection important?
The average household gets 350 power surges per year. Overvoltage, brownouts, power surges and voltage spikes occur five times a day on average. Small, frequent power surges cause cumulative damage, shortening the product lifespan. Power surges are the number one cause of data loss. Over 50% of equipment failure can be attributed to power surge/failure. The right surge protection will save your valuable electronics and extend the life of your computer, telephone, laptop, notebook, tablet, smartphone, TV, sound system, and many more. Choosing a surge protector will safeguard all your valuable electronics; many are backed by Connected Equipment Warranties.
What is a Connected Equipment Warranty?
A connected equipment warranty covers equipment that is damaged by transient voltage while properly connected through a surge protector to a properly wired AC power line with a protective ground. Brands that offer CEWs will repair or replace any equipment damaged by a power surge, spike or lightning strike while properly connected to their surge protector, up to the listed amount.
1 x Outlet surge protector with two 2.4 A USB-A charging ports
- 2 Protected AC Outlets For On The Go: Shield your expensive electronics against harmful voltage fluctuations, surges, and energy spikes of up to 306 Joules with three-line AC protection
- 2x Integrated USB Ports: Fast charge your portable devices while protecting them from damage and data loss thanks to 2 integrated 2.4A shared USB-A ports
- Safely charge up to four devices while travelling: Easily mount the surge protector to the wall, enhance the existing socket and gain peace of mind while charging on the go
- Smart Design: Foldable wall plug for safe transportation. Robust housing protects from fire, impact, and rust. LED Not-Grounded Indicator when outlet is not grounded. Sliding safety covers help to protect children
- Connected Equipment Warranty: If your device is damaged by an electrical charge while properly connected to the surge protector, Belkin will repair or replace it up to a value of £35,000; only when shipped from and directly sold by Amazon