Gamewright Bring Your Own Book Game
Your old favourite book is now your new favourite game! Draw a category card, grab a book, and then quickly skim to satisfy the chosen prompt (and the judge!) with the most entertaining phrase. Can you find "a ridiculous tabloid headline" in that best-selling novel? How about “dating advice” in your well-worn cookbook? Since you can use any book, you can play with any group and find limitless potential on every page! Where will you discover “the title of the next hit party game?” Find out when you Bring Your Own Book! The simple act of reading a book will never be the same after you play this game. Inventors Matthew Moore and Luke Nalker created this wildly inventive twist to a popular activity that takes the phrase “Read between the lines” to a whole new meaning. We all know that books are filled with rich imagery but who knew that they could be the source of so much fun. We’re sure you’ll come up with some great prompts in addition to the ones we’ve created. The rules include a number of game play variations providing lots of re-play value Suitable for ages 12+ with a playing time of 20 minutes.
- The game of borrowed phrases - Your old favourite book is now your new favourite game!
- Draw a category card, grab a book and skim to satisfy the chosen prompt, and the judge, with the most entertaining phrase
- Can you find “a ridiculous tabloid headline” in a novel? How about “dating advise” in a cookbook?
- A great fun, interactive game suitable for groups or parties that is often with hilarious results
- Suitable for ages 12+ with a playing time of 20 minutes