Renaissance Italy isn't the usual sort of setting for a video game, but then Assassin's Creed isn't one to play by the rules. Ezio Auditore di Firenze is yet another ancestor of modern day Desmond Miles - a nobleman out to avenge the death of his family in the guise of a shadowy assassin.
Like the last game you're given total freedom to explore multiple cities, but with greatly improved parkour skills and the new ability to swim. There's also a lot more variety in the missions you undertake - the main complaint with the original game- so you'll never feel you're just doing the same tasks over and over again.
Combat has also been completely overhauled, with dozens of different weapons and a new health system. With no less than Leonardo da Vinci acting as your very own Q style gadget master this stunning sequel improves on every element of the original.
- Renaissance man: Play as an all-new character in 15th century Italy, with new abilities, new weapons and a whole new world to explore.
- The spice of life: Massively improved mission variety, with new freeform mission structures and many more random events.
- Tools of the trade: All-new combat system lets you steal weapons from your opponents, use dual hidden blades and even an early form of pistol.
- Real history: Meet historical figures such as Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolò Machiavelli and Lorenzo de' Medici, all of whom can offer you their own unique brand of aid.
- Tourist spots: Explore real world locations including Rome, Venice, Florence and Tuscany, as well as specific landmarks such as the Grand Canal and St Mark's Basilica.
Minimum System Requirements
OS – Windows XP/Vistar Processor – 1.8GHZ Intel core 2 duo or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
Memory – 1.5GB XP/ 2GB Vista, 7
Hard drive – 8 GB
Video Card – 256MB DirectX 9.0c Compliant with shader model 3.0
Sound card – DirectX 9.0c Compatibler DirectX - Direct9.0C
A permanent internet connection is required to play the game