Codename Panzers: Cold War is the latest PC real-time strategy title in the acclaimed 'Codename Panzers' series from developers StormRegion and InnoGlow. During the Cold War conflict, the status quo between the occupying Allied and Soviet forces rests on a knife edge, when an aircraft accident over Tempelhof Airport during the Berlin Blockade threatens to tip the scales towards full-blown conflict. The tragic collision of an American cargo plane with a Russian fighter costs not only the lives of both crews, but proves to be all the encouragement Stalin and his Red Army needs to wage bloody war against the NATO forces.
- Unique historical setting: The Cold War period provides the chilling backdrop for full-scale fighting and all out war.
- Point of Interest system: Teams must occupy structures on the map to gain additional Prestige Points. Depending on the location and type of structures occupied, Prestige Points can then be used to call in special attacks like napalm or helicopter support, or to produce additional units.
- Ultimate Cold War: Represents the pinnacle of Cold War era conventional warfare including realistic battles between heavy tanks like the American M103 and the Russian T-10.
- Urban warfare tactics: Infantry can employ special urban warfare tactics like building and taking cover, constructing fortifications or tunneling.
- Dynamic weather conditions: The real-time weather conditions affect unit behaviour and limit sight range during combat.
- Free roaming: Immersive environments with free roaming create even more tactical gameplay depth.
Windows XP (SP2) / Vista
1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2 4400+ or equivalent
1GB RAM for XP / 2GB RAM for Vista
5GB HDD Space
ATi Radeon X800, nVidia GeForce 6800 or equivalent
DirectX 9.0c compatible Sound Card
8x speed DVD-ROM Drive
Keyboard and mouse
Internet connection required for first time authentication (connection not required after authentication)
512Kbps Broadband Internet connection required for online multiplayer