Dark Void is a single player sci-fi action-adventure game for Xbox 360 that
is destined to change the way gamers think about third-person shooter combat. An
adrenaline-fuelled blend of aerial and ground-pounding combat mechanics and
cover systems headlined by the game's signature in-game items--the hooverpack
and jetpack--in it players will experience 3D action like never before as they
transition from ground to air combat, and back again whenever they choose.
Set in a parallel universe called "The Void," in Dark Void players take on
the role of Will, a down on his luck cargo pilot who crashes in the Bermuda
Triangle, and is inexplicably transported to the alien dimension which is the
mysterious Void. Here this unlikely hero is caught up in a desperate struggle
for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors in
their struggle against an ancient and hostile race known as the Watchers who
have enslaved the humans of the Void for millenia. Will's main goal is to
discover a way to get back to his own dimension, but in that he and the humans
of the Void have a common enemy, it eventually seems that he may be destined for
a higher calling as well.
- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally
unique third-person shooter experience.
- Speed and scale unmatched by any other action title: send Will zipping
through tight corridors and then out into immense canyons and futuristic
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way
to bring your enemies down.
- Seemless transition between jetpack flight, ship-to-ship dog fighting
and third-person shoot-'em-up action all exists within the same level - not
broken up into different areas.
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls by jumping
from surface to surface and hijack UFO's while in mid-air.
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming maneuvers
- Developed by Airtight Studios, a new group featuring team members from
the Crimson Skies series of video games.