Several years have passed since the Wilamette incident, and while Frank West was able to save America from a zombie apocalypse, the cause of zombification was not completely contained. This led to continued zombie outbreaks throughout the United States.
Dead Rising 2 shifts the action from the everyday world of mid-West America to the glitz and glamour of Fortune City, America's latest and greatest entertainment playground. People flock to Fortune City from around the globe to escape from reality and the chance to win big.
Enter former national Motocross champion, Chuck Greene. Before he hit the big time with a team and sponsorship behind him Chuck was forced to repair his own bikes, leaving him incredibly resourceful; a real handyman. A single father, Chuck dotes on his daughter Katey who, since the loss of her mother, he will do anything for.
With hundreds of zombies on screen at any one time, the original Dead Rising forced gamers to turn the everyday objects they found in the Mall into improvised weapons capable of fending off attacks. Dead Rising 2 promises to increase the carnage with even more zombies intent on feasting on human flesh and countless new objects with which Chuck can make the undead dead.
The zombie hordes are on the move and this time it's more than just a shopping centre they've invaded. As new character Chuck Greene you're on a mission to save your daughter as the whole of Las Vegas stand-in Fortune City is overrun.
With thousands of zombies (the slow-moving kind) on screen at once you can't shoot them all, so it's a good job you can also bludgeon them with roulette wheels, croupier sticks and even a stuffed moose head you can wear on your head and run at them with.
There are guns, knives, swords and other more traditional weapons too, including the "paddle saw" - two chainsaws attached to each end of a boat paddle. For the first time you don't just get to use these weapons in the story campaign, but also an all-new multiplayer mode where you must compete to kill (or re-kill) as many of the shambling undead as possible.
- Game of the Dead: A new character, new location and hundreds of new ways to kill the undead makes this the most fun you can possibly have in a zombie apocalypse.
- Lethal weapons: If you can pick it up you can use it to kill a zombie with - from swords and guns to plant pots, stuffed marlins and every type of chainsaw imaginable.
- Smash T.V.: Take part in the new Terror is Reality TV show, as Dead Rising goes multiplayer for the first time and you compete online to take out the most zombies possible.
- Vehicular combat: Chuck is an ex-motorcross champion but it's not just motorbikes he gets to ride but everything from golfcarts to a giant Gladiators style hamsterball.
- Thousands of 'em: The last game had around 800 zombies on screen at once, this one goes up to a massive 6,000. Their bodies don't disappear until you leave an area either.
Minimum System Requirements
OS – Windows XP/Vista
Processor – Intel Pentium D Processor or higher AMD Athlon64 X2 or higher
Memory – 1GB
Hard drive – 8GB Free space
Video Card – Nvidia Geforce 6800 series or higher ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro or higher 256MB