FIFA Manager 09 gives you full control over the management of a football club. You are responsible for the line-up, the tactics and the training of your team - as well as for signing the right players, improving the club facilities and the stadium. It is also important that you maintain good relationships with your players, the board, the sponsors and the press. But FIFA Manager 09 goes further. Managing your national team is one of the options, playing as a player manager is another one (in this case you can even control your player on the pitch). And then there is the ultimate challenge: found your own club and work your way up the leagues to finally become Champions!
- New Line-up and Tactics: FIFA Manager 09 includes brand-new line-up and tactics sections. Both are easy to use - but with a new level of depth. Individual orders like tackles, forward runs, passing style, crossing position and frequency are as well available as the options to define special roles like captain, free kick taker, playmaker and target man.
- 3D Match: The new fully customisable user interface gives the user full control over the players on the pitch. Substitutions and tactical changes are just one mouse click away - tables, team and player stats can be displayed permanently on the screen if the user wants the information.
- New Text Mode: FIFA Manager 09 brings the text mode to the next level. The new mixture of Internet live ticker and traditional live commentary is both exciting and informative. Player skills and tactics become clearly visible. The massive use of the context of the match (importance, weather, fans, etc.) brings the text to life.
- Improved Interface: The main menu widget system includes 10 new widgets, buttons to switch all widgets simultaneously and an option to rotate the widgets automatically.
- Staff: The new Staff feature includes many new positions like fitness coach, talent scout and lawyer. The manager has to keep the staff happy by giving the team interesting jobs and challenges - as well as to pay them competitive salaries.
- Story of a Season v.3: This popular feature goes into its third season. For the first time FIFA Manager 09 uses video technology to present special stats and tables.
- Database and Editor: FIFA Manager 09 comes with even more licensed leagues. The database includes now far more than 1,500 clubs and 25,000 players. More than 7,000 of these players are represented with real-life pictures. An extensive editor ships with the game.