Homeworld 2 is the massive sequel to 1999's Game of the Year and the best 3D space game in the universe.Years after the Higarans reclaimed their Homeworld, there is still no peace. Now a new war, a prophecy, and a deadly new enemy threaten to make the recent journey home all for nothing. In Homeworld, you helped them reclaim their home. Now, help them reclaim their destiny.In addition to the engrossing single player experience, Homeworld 2 allows competition with five other players via a LAN or over the Internet. Homeworld2 also will support mod groups by making the tools to create your own content available via download at homeworld2 . Developed with the RTS community in mind, the game technology includes robust support for mods and high levels of customization.
- Epic story continuing the saga of the Hiigarans in Homeworld.
- Story driven missions culminating in a fully-integrated gameplay experience.
- New 3D engine that renders breathtaking graphics of outer space and intricate details of every ship in the fleet..
- All new fleets, each with unique abilities and craft, for different styles of play.
- Command fleets of imposing capital ships and nimble strikecraft amidst nebulas and space debris.
- Carry your fleet from mission to mission using Homeworld2's unique persistent fleets.
- Streamlined user interface enhances the ease of use and the gameplay experience.
- Multiplayer play with room for 6 via LAN, network, or Internet connections
- Comes with support for tools to create your own content, including new Homeworld 2 multiplayer maps.
- Game engine written specifically to support customization and community modification.
Pentium III or AMD Athlon 833 MHz
256 MB RAM
GeForce or ATI Radeon 7500 video card with 32 MB RAM
Hardware Transform & Lighting (T&L)
OpenGL, & DirectX 9.0 support
1.6 GB HD space
16X CD-ROM Windows-compatible sound card
56.6K modem (4 players) or Broadband (6 players) for Internet play
TCP/IP network for LAN play
Windows-compatible mouse and keyboard
Pentium 4 1.6 GHz
512 MB RAM
GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500 or higher with 64 MB RAM & Hardware T&L