Everybody wants to rule the world, but only Civilization lets you do it from the comfort of your own home. The block-busting strategy series returns with the biggest overhaul in gameplay and graphics in its history.
Mixing the depth and versatility of previous PC sequels with the accessibility and pace of console hit Civilization Revolution, this all-new game lets you nurture a civilisation from prehistoric times and into the space age. That's the same as always - as is the ability to win by either military, diplomatic or cultural means - but the way you actually play the game is completely different.
Moving and attacking with your armies, monitoring and building your cities, and negotiating with allies and enemies - everything is now easier, quicker and more fun. With a revamped multiplayer hub and in-built tools to help you customise the game however you want this is the ultimate refinement of the ultimate strategy game.
- Believable World: More than just a strategy game -- the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own
- Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make
- Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield
- Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world’s most powerful empire
- Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history’s most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy
- In-Game Community Hub: Compete with Civ players from all over the globe via the Internet, offering endless ways to rule the world. The game itself now serves as the hub of community activity, featuring the ability to share scenarios, compare scores, brag about achievements and visit one of the thriving Civ fansites without leaving the game. It’s now easier than ever for players to become involved in the global Civ Community
- Modability: With unprecedented modding tools, players will have unlimited options for modifying Civilization V any way they like.