Star Wars Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI, fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.
Battles are set up in more than 15 environments across 10 diverse planets such as Hoth, Endor and Tatooine, in addition to memorable Clone Wars locations like Kamino and Geonosis. Players battle in numerous different ways using a variety of Star Wars weaponry including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts. Players select to be one of over 20 different unit types from four factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Each unit has specialized abilities and the freedom to use more than 30 different ground and air vehicles like the AT-ST, X-wing and speeder bike. Players need to work together with their teammates to secure enemy command posts in an attempt to rule the Star Wars galaxy.
- First and third-person gameplay - depending on player preference.
- Three single player modes including "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode.
- Battle in more than 15 environments across 10 diverse planets from the classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Kamino and Geonosis.
- More than 20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Soldier types include standard infantry, scouts, heavy weapons and pilots - each will have their own unique abilities.
- More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts.
- More than 30 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST, X-Wing, and speeder bike, as well as the massive Republic Gunship that can hold up to five different soldiers.
- Customizable controls.
- Supports voice chat via compatible headsets.
- PC gamers can battle against up to 32+ players on the Internet or via LAN.
Windows 98SE / 2000 / XP
1GHz Pentium 3 or equivalent processor
2.9GB hard disk free space required
DirectX 9.0 compatible 64MB graphics card