Explore the dark and gritty world of the Star Wars military in LucasArts' intense new squad based first-person shooter; Star Wars: Republic Commando. Players become squad leaders of a Republic Special Operations unit, and must infiltrate deep behind enemy lines, leading their elite team of Commandos on precision operations including hostage rescue, infiltration/data retrieval, assault, sabotage and reconnaissance assignments.
Set in the time period between Episode II leading into Episode III, Star Wars: Republic Commando covers both new and familiar environments. The game features more than thirteen levels with missions spanning an assasination attempt of a Seperatist leader in the arena and catacombs of Geonosis to the introduction of the mysterious General Grievous and his deadly bodyguards from Star Wars: Episode III.
- First opportunity to explore the dark, military side of the Star Wars universe.
- Sneak peak at Episode III location and introduction of new Episode III character.
- Experience over fifteen massive levels featuring intense missions with hostage rescue, infiltration/data retrieval, assassination, assault, sabotage and reconnaissance assignments.
- Choose from a deadly arsenal of twelve new and authentic weapons including the primary Republic Commando firearm, the DC-17m and secondary weapon the DC-15s Blaster Pistol, as well as enemy weapons such as the Trandoshan Slaver Shotgun and Geonosian Elite Beam Weapon.
- Explore eight diverse environments including the hostile surface and subterranean setting of the planet Geonosis, the massive machine-like interiors of a Separatist Core Ship, a disabled and overrun Republic Assault Ship and the lower jungles and tree cities of the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk.
- Encounter highly intelligent and varied enemies including Super Battle Droids, Droidekas, Geonosian Drones and Warriors and Trandoshan Scavenger Droids and Trandoshan Mercenaries.
- Innovative squad combat utilizing intuitive and accessible "smart squad" command system featuring squad markers and stances.
- Multiplayer capabilities including deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag.