In the 33rd Century, the old Earth Empire finally collapsed. As chaos
engulfed the interstellar empire, the military, under the aegis of the Earth
Command, stepped forward to restore order.
Acting in a severe and often draconian manner, Earth Command made the
difficult decisions that politicians, mired in corruption and their own
self-interest, could not. Entire worlds were abandoned, and much of the Quantum
Gate network was intentionally destroyed in an effort to isolate the retreating
Prime Worlds from the rest of the galaxy.
Despite the best efforts of the military, civil war erupted. After a hundred
years, Earth Command was finally able to restore order and establish a new
government, which was christened the United Earth Federation.
Risen, phoenix-like from the ashes of the old Earth Empire, the United Earth
Federation vowed to purge itself of bureaucratic corruption and remain pure to a
single task: the rescue of mankind's war-torn worlds and an end to the Infinite
War. By any and all means necessary.
It has worked toward that goal by maintaining an iron grip on the new empire,
creating a totalitarian government out of what might be considered the most
successful military coup in human history.
Supreme Commander is the first ever RTS to deliver truly strategic as well as
tactical gaming with an emphasis on scope as well as ease of use. Set in the
37th Century you command one of three races as the Supreme Commander with a
single goal in mind - to end the 1000 year Infinite War and become the reigning
- Planetary warfare on a Galactic scale - zoom from the tactical unit
level all the way out to the full theatre of war in one seamless motion
- Includes full naval, ground and air combat
- 3 unique factions that each appeal to different player personalities
with approximately 100 units/structures per faction
- 3 story-driven single-player campaigns with a detailed and rich back
ground history that weaves into gameplay
- Intuitive & customizable gameplay interface with unsurpassed command and
control features let you quickly and efficiently maneuver troops across the
- Robust multiplayer gaming with up to 8 players online plus co-op mode
- Full-on community support including a map & mission editor, downloadable
content and instant battle replay features.
- Windows XP, Service 2, Vista
- 1.8GHz processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 8 GB available hard drive space
- 128MB video RAM or greater, with DiretX 9 Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader
- Sound Card, Speakers or headphones