From the creators of the award-winning Borderlands franchise "Gearbox Software", comes the new next generation, first person shooter game, "Battleborn". In the Distant future, the only hope for the last star in the dying universe is a new breed of warriors, who must put aside their differences to drive back a mysterious evil. To defend it, you'll need to utilize every type of character and weapon you've ever imagined. Choose from cyborg hawkmen to samurai vampires to mini-gun wielding man-mountains. Slash and parry, run and gun, cast and dash, or simply obliterate foes all while building and growing your personal band of heroes. Choose your hero and fight alone or play co-operatively alongside friends in story missions. You can even choose to battle against them in fast-paced competitive multiplayer matches.
Battleborn's Game Features:
BATTLEBORN HEROES - Battleborn has a deep roster of 25 playable heroes. Every hero has their own personality and comes equipped with their own unique weapons and powers.
STORY MODE - Battleborn's Story Mode is a narrative experience that can be played entirely single player, and is even better when it's played cooperatively with friends both splitscreen and online.
MULTIPLAYER - Battleborn's team-based competitive multiplayer action can be experienced by up to 10 players online in 5v5 matches, and includes three distinct multiplayer modes.
- INCURSION - Teams of heroes must defend their base from waves of AI-controlled minions while working together alongside their own minions to destroy their opponent's base.
- DEVASTATION - Teams of heroes face off in a fast-paced deathmatch and must capture and hold objectives on the map to win.
- MELTDOWN - Teams of heroes must guide their minions as they march to their death at the centre of the map. Points are scored for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator, and the team with the most points wins.
PERSISTENT PROGRESSION SYSTEM - All experience points, whether earned through playing Battleborn's Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer modes, contribute to levelling up individual Character Rank, as well as player profile Command Rank.
- CHARACTER RANK - Each hero can permanently rank up from 1 to 10 outside of missions and matches, allowing players to unlock additional augments in their helix skill tree, as well as additional skins for each character.
- COMMAND RANK - Players can rank up their own player profile, unlocking badges and titles to impress friends, and loot that can be used to benefit any hero the player chooses to command.
HELIX SYSTEM - Battleborn's accelerated character growth system allows players to level-up a character from 1 to 10 and fully experience each hero's unique weapons and powers in a single story mission or multiplayer match.