Wooden set features a wooden knife and seven pieces of sliceable fruit that can be cut into a total of seventeen pieces. Food makes a fun "CRUNCH" sound when sliced. With so many pieces, it's also a great way to introduce the concepts of part, whole and fractions!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to identify each piece of fruit. Place the pieces of fruit in a row. Count the pieces. Repeat the activity until the child is able to count the independently.
- Ask the child to use the wooden knife and cut the pear into two pieces. Explain that pear has been cut into two equally sized pieces or halves. Ask the child to find other fruits that can be cut into halves (the orange, strawberry, lemon and kiwi).
- Ask the child to use the wooden knife to cut the banana into three pieces. Explain that the banana has been cut into thirds.
- Ask the child to use the wooden knife to cut the melon slice into four pieces. Explain that the melon slice has been cut into fourths.
- Ask the child to mix different pieces of fruit together to create new fruits and name them. For example: a strawberry and a kiwi might make a "kiberry."
- Place four or more pieces of fruit in front of the child. Let him/her study them before asking the child to close his/her eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child to identify which piece was removed.
Why Buy From Us?
Free Insured Delivery.
Free insured delivery on all UK orders is available to all of our customers, new or old.
Your order is also insured so that if anything goes wrong with the delivery, we can replace it for you quickly and at no additional cost.
Safe, secure checkout and hassle-free returns.
Not only do we allow payments via debit and credit cards processed by SagePay, we also take payments via PayPal so you can use your PayPal balance when you want to pay.
Excellent Customer Support.
Customer service is our main focus and this is apparent in how loyal our customers are. A dedicated team of staff are ready should you need to contact them for any reason at all. Check out our Help Centre or try the Live Chat to get in touch.