First you'll notice the little things. And we mean that literally. The console itself is smaller – so it'll fit neatly on the shelf. Because Style matters we're busting out the gloss black with chrome accents.
Wi-Fi in the house.
These days, everything is wireless. The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built in. You'll fi nd an unfettered connection to the ever-expanding entertainment possibilities of Xbox LIVE - including a fast and easy way to stream HD films and TV and play games with friends around the world.
Room to grow your entertainment.
While making the outside smaller, we decided to give a pretty serious boost to the inside - from huge to massive in one fell swoop. The built-in 250 GB drive has a ton of room to store films, games, saves, add-ons, photos, music and anything else that you can think of. And it's removable too, just in case you ever want to take it to a friend's house.
More ports, more play.
Connect more accessories and storage solutions with added USB ports. Now with a total of 5 ports, (3 back/2 front) you'll find more places to plug and play. Plus, in addition to the standard HDMI output, we've added an integrated optical audio out port for an easier connection to the booming sound of your A/V receiver.
A touching development.
It might not seem like a big deal, but the cool factor of capacitive touch buttons cannot be over stated. Everyone has grown accustomed to the non-button buttons on fancy smart phones, so we’ve added that functionality to the power and eject buttons.
With the all-new and much quieter Xbox 360, the noise you’ll hear is your own laughing, cheering and playing.
Hold on to your socks.
You’re not ready. Not yet anyway. Kinect is making YOU the controller and it’s going to blow you away. With a dedicated, proprietary port, the Xbox 360 250 GB is built specifi cally to connect seamlessly with the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor - and will have you up off the sofa and into the world.
- Dressed to impress: Sleek and lean in a gloss black finish, the Xbox 360 250 GB comes with an internal, removable hard drive and touch-sensitive buttons for switching on/off and disk ejection.
- The Xbox 360 that you’ve been waiting for: Connect with a faster wireless connection than any other console. Enjoy blazing speeds with built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi while streaming films or playing games on Xbox LIVE. Store more games and entertainment content with 250 GB of hard drive space.
- Kinect ready: Kinect will work with every Xbox 360, but the Xbox 360 250 GB console is specially designed for the easiest connection to controller-free fun. Just connect the sensor directly to the proprietary port on your console - no extra power supply needed.
- Backwards compatible: Don't worry; you'll still be able to connect the controllers and any other accessories that you already own to Xbox 360 250 GB while playing the best blockbuster games like "Halo Reach" and "Fable III". (External Xbox 360 Hard Drives and Xbox 360 Memory Units are not compatible with the new Xbox 360 console.)
Legendary Spartan hero Master Chief returns in one of 2012's most hotly anticipated releases, Halo 4, developed exclusively for the Xbox 360 by 343 Industries.
The latest instalment in the definitive Xbox sci-fi saga, Halo 4 takes place almost 5 years after the events of Halo 3, following Master Chief and his trusty AI companion Cortana as they boldly venture into a mysterious new world and discover an overpowering ancient evil that threatens to destroy humanity. With the fate of the entire universe hanging by a thread, Master Chief must confront his destiny as mankind's greatest hero by embarking on his most epic adventure yet.
Taking the reins from franchise forebears Bungie, 343 Industries will expand upon the success they found with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary to bring their own unique vision to the Halo universe, creating a game that reaches beyond the series' traditional FPS roots to offer a more diverse gameplay experience that incorporates elements of exploration and discovery.
The first in a trilogy of new games, Halo 4 promises not only a deep campaign mode with a rich story, but will also introduce a groundbreaking new multiplayer mode - Halo Infinity Multiplayer - that will redefine the way people think about storytelling and multiplayer experiences.
- A powerful and riveting campaign: Brace for a thrilling, action-packed adventure deep inside a mysterious new world to confront the gravest threat humanity has ever faced. Harness a vast arsenal of futuristic human and alien weaponry, abilities, and vehicles as you step back into the boots of the Master Chief and wage a desperate war against an overpowering new nemesis and a deadly new class of technologically advanced foes, the Prometheans - that will challenge you to employ innovative new combat tactics.
- A revolutionary new multiplayer experience: Halo 4 introduces the groundbreaking "Halo Infinity Multiplayer" offering that will redefine the award-winning series and revolutionize the way people think about storytelling and multiplayer gameplay.
- Birth of your Spartan: The hub of the Halo 4 multiplayer experience is the UNSC Infinity -the largest starship in the UNSC fleet that serves as the center of your Spartan career. Here, you'll build your custom Spartan-IV supersoldier and progress your multiplayer career across all Halo 4 competitive and cooperative game modes. As you advance your Spartan career aboard the largest starship in the UNSC fleet, your multiplayer experience will be embedded in the fiction of Halo like never before, where your progress and game choices affect your appearance, your arsenal and your role on the battlefield.
- Spartan Ops: The story of the UNSC Infinity intersects with the Halo 4 campaign, and then continues on in a brand-new, story-driven experience known as Spartan Ops. A first-of-its-kind, exciting new addition to the Halo franchise,Spartan Ops is an episodic adventure that blends immersive storytelling, high-quality cinematics and action-packed gameplay to deliver an unprecedented serialized experience.
- Total combat freedom and player progression: Halo 4 features a vastly expanded suite of new multiplayer modes, weapons, vehicles and armor abilities - a new loadout and player progression system, and a new armor modification system that introduces gameplay-enhancing customizations for the first time in a Halo game.