Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record
2 Premium DLC packs of Case West and Case Zero
As photojournalist Frank West you've uncovered the scoop of the century - a mall full of zombies, cordoned off by the army. Now you're locked in with thousands of shambling corpses for the next 72 hours. To survive three days of shopping and chopping and uncover the mystery of the mall, you'll need your wits and a lot of gardening implements about you…
- They went shopping, now they're rotten. Next generation swarm technology surrounds you with hundreds of on-screen zombies to hack, drive and run through.
- Lawn mower death. If you can pick it up, you can use it. Over 250 items to cause mayhem with include skateboards, severed arms and circular saws.
- 72 hour countdown. You decide how to play, as events unfold in the mall. Help other survivors, find the source of the outbreak
- or just hide yourself away in a cupboard…
Dead Rising 2
Several years have passed since the Wilamette incident, and while Frank West was able to save America from a zombie apocalypse, the cause of zombification was not completely contained. This led to continued zombie outbreaks throughout the United States.
Dead Rising 2 shifts the action from the everyday world of mid-West America to the glitz and glamour of Fortune City, America's latest and greatest entertainment playground. People flock to Fortune City from around the globe to escape from reality and the chance to win big.
Enter former national Motocross champion, Chuck Greene. Before he hit the big time with a team and sponsorship behind him Chuck was forced to repair his own bikes, leaving him incredibly resourceful; a real handyman. A single father, Chuck dotes on his daughter Katey who, since the loss of her mother, he will do anything for.
With hundreds of zombies on screen at any one time, the original Dead Rising forced gamers to turn the everyday objects they found in the Mall into improvised weapons capable of fending off attacks. Dead Rising 2 promises to increase the carnage with even more zombies intent on feasting on human flesh and countless new objects with which Chuck can make the undead dead.
The zombie hordes are on the move and this time it's more than just a shopping centre they've invaded. As new character Chuck Greene you're on a mission to save your daughter as the whole of Las Vegas stand-in Fortune City is overrun.
With thousands of zombies (the slow-moving kind) on screen at once you can't shoot them all, so it's a good job you can also bludgeon them with roulette wheels, croupier sticks and even a stuffed moose head you can wear on your head and run at them with.
There are guns, knives, swords and other more traditional weapons too, including the "paddle saw" - two chainsaws attached to each end of a boat paddle. For the first time you don't just get to use these weapons in the story campaign, but also an all-new multiplayer mode where you must compete to kill (or re-kill) as many of the shambling undead as possible.
- Game of the Dead: A new character, new location and hundreds of new ways to kill the undead makes this the most fun you can possibly have in a zombie apocalypse.
- Lethal weapons: If you can pick it up you can use it to kill a zombie with - from swords and guns to plant pots, stuffed marlins and every type of chainsaw imaginable.
- Smash T.V.: Take part in the new Terror is Reality TV show, as Dead Rising goes multiplayer for the first time and you compete online to take out the most zombies possible.
- Vehicular combat: Chuck is an ex-motorcross champion but it's not just motorbikes he gets to ride but everything from golfcarts to a giant Gladiators style hamsterball.
- Thousands of 'em: The last game had around 800 zombies on screen at once, this one goes up to a massive 6,000. Their bodies don't disappear until you leave an area either.
Dead Rising Off the Record
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record, sees photojournalist and original hero of Dead Rising's Willamette incident, Frank West take centre stage as players experience a reimagining of the Fortune City outbreak. Forget what you know about Dead Rising 2, "Frank West is back in the game!"
The new, "Off the Record" storyline means an all new Dead Rising 2 experience. Frank will face off against more twisted enemies, build more outrageous combo weapons, follow his own unique mission structure and explore brand new areas of Fortune City to get his biggest scoop yet.
Frank's come back means the return of his trusty camera, with players able to earn Prestige Points (PP) for specific photo opportunities that are graded against criteria such as horror, drama, erotica and brutality.
In addition to the new scenario and gameplay enhancements, Dead Rising 2 Off The Record offers a suite of technical updates including load time optimisations, improved network performance and a host of system upgrades to deliver a more satisfying Dead Rising experience.
- Frank West is back: The original Dead Rising hero returns to get the scoop on the Fortune City outbreak
- Fortune City but not as you know it: Experience a re-interpretation of the Fortune City outbreak through the eyes and camera of photojournalist Frank West
- New story and missions unique to Frank West
- New environments
- New enemies and more psychotic Psychos
- New crazy and hilarious combo-weapons
- New items and vehicles
- Say cheese! Capture those classic, violent, scary, hilarious Dead Rising moments, earn Prestige Points and complete all new missions with Frank's new and improved camera feature
- Upgraded experience: Full of technical improvements, system enhancements and feature upgrades to create a faster, smoother, more satisfying Dead Rising