In Just Cause, you take on the role of the flamboyant Rico Rodriguez - an undercover CIA operative specialising in regime change - as he tries to overthrow the corrupt government of San Esperito. This rogue South American island is suspected of stockpiling WMDs and it's your job to negate the threat to world peace. It could be to your advantage that this tropical paradise is about to implode as various factions vie for power - it just needs a gentle nudge in the right direction.
Just Cause offers the freedom to tackle your assignment however you want: play the island's factions off against one another; incite a rebellion among the masses; or build alliances with rebel forces and drug cartels. The incredibly detailed game world consists of 1,225 sq. miles of mountains, jungles, beaches, cities and villages which can be explored by land, sea and air. And you will have at your disposal one of the most varied and exciting array of vehicles, planes and watercraft ever seen in a video game.
- Freeform game-play - approach missions in any way you like, or break off from the fight and enjoy exploring the islands.
- Over 250K acres of land to explore, the largest environment ever seen in a game!
- Over-the-top Stunts - jump from vehicle-to-vehicle, parasail, skydive and base-jump...
- Massive selection of vehicles - over 100 of the most varied, exciting array of land, sea and air vehicles ever seen in a video game.
- Avalanche Engine - procedurally generated landscape delivers a huge, beautiful, detailed world while eliminating loading times.
- Wealth of missions - story missions, side-missions, bonus missions and many more
- ensuring plenty of action spread throughout the islands.
- Support team - Sheldon and Kane, two CIA field operatives, will provide you with reconnaissance info, extraction and vehicle drops.
- Fly - The best way to explore San Esperito is by air!