Fans of multiplayer action will not be disappointed as Lost Plant: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition allows them to enjoy a host of new maps, characters, weapons and gameplay modes. Players turn poacher as they attempt to steal opponents' Akrid eggs in a number of individual and team play modes and the addition of VS Annihilator Mode assigns one Vital Suit to each team which must be defended at all cost. Colonies Edition also includes the feature that Lost Planet fans across the globe have been clamouring for - the ability to play as a marauding Akrid. Revel in the chance to turn the tables on the Snow Pirates as you assume the role of one of E.D.E.N. III's indigenous creatures in Akrid Hunting mode.
All of these modes can be played across a total of 20 diverse maps including a number of brand new multiplayer arenas such as the confines of an ancient coliseum and the zero gravity of space; in addition to familiar locations from the Lost Planet universe. And what's more, for the first time, PC gamers will be able to join up with or play against Xbox 360 owners thanks to Colonies Edition's cross platform compatibility.
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition includes everything from the original Lost Planet and much, much more!
New modes for single player campaign:
- Score Attack - Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.
- Trial Battle Mode - Take on each of the game's Bosses, one after another
- Off limit Mode - Go wild with over-the-top super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement
New online modes:
- Akrid Hunter - Get the chance to finally play as an Akrid as your opponents attempt to take you down
- VS Annihilator - Each team attempts to destroy its opponent's VS while defending its own
- Counter Grab - The team with the longest data posts activation time wins
- Point Snatcher - Take down opponents and collect the most thermal energy points
- Akrid Egg Battle - Steal Akrid eggs from the opponent's team and bring them safely back to your own base
- Egg Bandit - Steal your opponents' Akrid egg, with points awarded for longer capture time
Other new features:
- 4 new maps for online matches - Crossfire City, Area 921, Lost Arena, Assault Space
- 5 new playable character models
- Multiple new weapons for both snow pirates and the robotic VS suit
- Cross-platform Battles - Games for Windows LIVE gamers can join forces or play against Xbox 360 owners (not compatible with original Lost Planet)