Xbox One was designed from the ground up to be the centerpiece of every living room with modern hardware, and it features the all-new Kinect, the new Xbox One Wireless Controller, a 500GB hard drive, 3 an eight-core, x86 processor, wireless networking connectivity, HDMI®, three super-speed USB 3.0 ports, and a high-speed Blu-ray™ disc player. Features include the following:
- Xbox One console. Designed with the 21st century living room in mind, the Xbox One console features a premium design with a gloss black finish, horizontal orientation and a slot-loading Blu-ray™ disc player.
- Updated wireless controller. Enhanced with more than 40 technical and design innovations, the new impulse triggers offer precise haptic fingertip feedback and a newly engineered D-pad delivers greater responsiveness and control.*** An infrared LED on the front of the controller allows Kinect to automatically recognize you, making it easier to pick up and play.
- Redesigned Kinect. It includes a 1080p, HD camera that captures video at **0 frames per second. All-new, active-infrared capabilities increase precision, allowing it to work in nearly any lighting condition and expanding field of view to accommodate a greater variety of room sizes. Microsoft proprietary Time-of-Flight technology measures the time it takes individual photons to rebound off you to create unprecedented accuracy and precision. The new noise-isolating multimicrophone array filters ambient sounds to recognize natural speaking voices even in crowded rooms.
Gaming on Xbox One
Gaming on Xbox One immerses you in bigger, more cinematic worlds that look and feel more lifelike, featuring more believable characters and richer stories. Game worlds come alive through the unlimited processing power of Xbox One and the cloud. Features include the following:
- Smart Match. Estimates wait times for multiplayer gaming and lets you enjoy other Xbox One activities including live TV, Skype or sports experiences while waiting for a new game to begin. On Xbox One, your Xbox Live reputation fundamentally matters and helps you find the best match based on skill, game style and language for a deeper online multiplayer gaming challenge.
- Expanded achievements. Allows for new achievements powered by the cloud and offers more ways to earn, more frequent updates and the ability to share wins with friends. An expanded achievements system captures videos of gameplay and continues to grow achievements over time, and Gamerscores carry over from Xbox 360.
- Living Games.*** Leverages the power of the cloud so games can evolve and learn from actual players, letting you play against your friends’ shadow. Dynamic, living worlds evolve and improve the more you play, and games stay in sync with what’s happening today — real-world events can be instantly added to games, and the latest stats can be automatically added to sports titles.
- Game DVR. Captures and saves in-game highlights and epic moments to the cloud. Use editing and sharing tools to post game footage to your Xbox Live profile and social networks.
- The new generation of Xbox Live is completely redesigned to harness virtually unlimited power to connect, save and store personalized profiles, games and entertainment so they can be accessed anytime and on any Xbox One console. Connecting to Xbox Live makes accessing content effortless by installing games in segments so that playback starts quickly and updates happen in the background. Features include the following:
- Xbox SmartGlass.*** Turn smartphones or tablets into second screens that intelligently interact with Xbox One and serve extended experiences for games, TV shows, movies, music, sports and apps. Navigate with touchscreens, pause or rewind a movie, or swipe, pinch and tap to surf the Web on the TV using more devices than ever before.
- Multiplayer gaming. Enjoy a smart, quick and intuitive gaming experience in which multiplayer gaming has been enhanced to support playing with friends with no waiting in lobbies, and matchmaking features such as Smart Match and reputation let you architect your personal, favorite matches.
- Apps. Discover and download a variety of Xbox One apps using simple voice searches.* Pin favorites to the dashboard and jump in and out of apps instantly, or Snap them side by side to do two things at once.
- Web for the TV. Explore the Web with Internet Explorer for Xbox One. Use Kinect and voice commands to browse your favorite sites with ease.* Use Xbox SmartGlass to control your experiences with a swipe of your finger and send websites from tablets and smartphones to the biggest screen in the house.
- Xbox Live Gold. Existing Xbox Live Gold Membership for Xbox 360 will seamlessly carry over to Xbox One, becoming more valuable than ever.****
* Kinect voice functionality only available in supported locales and languages; anticipating global scale over time.
** Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.
*** In supported games.
**** Subject to content geographical restrictions.
Dead Rising 3
Become Nick Ramos, one man against an army of the undead, in Dead Rising 3, trapped in the city of Los Perdidos, California three days after the Zombie Outbreak. The completely open-world Zombie game features no load times and now features vehicles so you've got a new way to punish the Zombies that are trying to munch on you.
Like previous Dead Rising titles you'll have hundreds of items available to you to clobber and smash zombies with, and that's before you've found a workbench to combine these items to create some truly horrific ways to mutilate the undead.
- A darker story of survival in a massive open world - Dead Rising 3 takes the celebrated series in a new direction by introducing a cinematic storyline with darker humor and more personable characters fighting to survive in the new city of Los Perdidos.Featuring a massive and dynamic world bigger than the first two titles combined, Dead Rising 3 represents a new benchmark for open-world gameplay. Powered by Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 allows you to explore the vast city of Los Perdidos seamlessly with no load times, keeping you immersed in the action and stunning next-generation visuals. Overwhelming zombie hordes with intelligent AI and shared awareness will challenge you like never before, forcing you to employ all your cunning, combat skills and creativity to stay alive.
- The ultimate zombie sandbox - In Dead Rising 3, anything and everything is a weapon. You can create your own tools of zombie destruction with the virtually limitless variety of combo weapons — anytime, anywhere. A regular sledgehammer or table saw might not be enough to hold off the zombie horde, but fuse them together and you’ll do massive damage with the fearsome Sledge Saw — just one of hundreds of potential weapon combinations. You can even acquire temporary abilities by combining certain foods, like eating pork and booze simultaneously to spit fire! Dead Rising 3 also places new emphasis on vehicles not only as transportation but as an extension of combat and survival. You’ll be able to build and customize a huge variety of unique combo vehicles like the devastating RollerHawg, a hybrid between a motorcycle and a steamroller. But watch out — zombies cling to vehicles, affecting the steering physics, and attack you while driving!
- Easy to play, hard to master - Dead Rising 3 features a gameplay experience that’s both deep and immediately accessible to anyone who loves open-world action games. With the ability to explore the game at your own pace without time constraints, a new streamlined save system and other improvements, Dead Rising 3 is the most accessible and intuitive title in the series yet. At the same time, hardcore players will face tough-as-nails zombies in Nightmare Mode with classic “Dead Rising” rules, where time is the enemy and the countdown clock never stops running. The city of Los Perdidos offers near-limitless zombie encounters and missions in a multitude of settings, and as you progress, weapon combinations become more deadly.
- Unlimited co-op action - Dead Rising 3 lets you team up with a buddy for endless zombie-killing mayhem through online co-op over Xbox Live, with asynchronous matchmaking that allows you to jump in or out of the game at any time. Not only will you help your friend advance, you’ll also contribute to your own story progression and earn experience points that will carry back into your own game.
- Immersive Xbox SmartGlass and Kinect integration - Dead Rising 3 introduces pioneering Xbox SmartGlass features that will expand the dual-screen experience and reimagine couch co-op gaming on Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 and Xbox SmartGlass transform your compatible tablet or phone into a Zombie Defense and Control PDA. Swamped by the zombie horde from all sides? You or your buddy on the couch next to you can call in an airstrike to bail you out. Ready to start a new mission? Incoming in-game calls and text messages deliver “live” briefings through your Xbox SmartGlass-enabled phone or tablet. Xbox SmartGlass also allows you to keep track of your progress with a mission checklist and a map that helps locate hidden items and locations, and even features a news ticker of real-time updates on the zombie outbreak in Los Perdidos. In addition, with Kinect, the zombie horde can hear beyond the screen and will react to you calling out for a more immersive experience. Use motion controls to point and command your survivor posse and even yell insults to taunt your enemies.